Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
I got this in an email that is going around the internet...but I liked it anyway:
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $19,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
This is where most people tune out. Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $192,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $385
Got it now?
It is simple. We need a robust economy, and we need to cut spending. Focusing on taxing the rich only gets people elected, it does not solve problems.