Friday, May 13, 2011

Like They Say...

Better the devil I know...

FBI Director to Stay 2 More Years

I don't understand this at all.  From everything we know about Obama, I would have expected him to relish the opportunity to pick somebody that could run the FBI (into the ground) for the next 10 years.  Now, if Obama loses in 2012 (he won't...and yes I hope I'm wrong), the Republican President would get to name the next Director.  Hence the reason for some optimism in the comments coming from agents not afraid to comment publicly - the thought of an Obama pick is downright scary, even for the Special'ist of Agents.

As for Mueller...it could be worse.  But it could be better. His wife (allegedly) spoke to Agents of him wanting to extend, which may be the reason so many Agents have been able to extend past the mandatory retirement age of 57.  My guess, he wants to go down as the second longest serving Director.  Many outside law enforcement can't name many previous Directors other than Hoover.




...and I never really noticed this:


2 comments:

LL said...

When you consider the political parasites that the present administration has put into place as directors, administrators and appointment types/whores, leaving the present guy in place isn't really a bad thing. I mean, he could move Al Sharpton into the big office, or release Robert Hanssen and give him the job...

Race Bannon said...

I'm not so sure the short list doesn't include King Samir Shabazz. I hear him and Holder are tight...