Tuesday, September 24, 2013
...and as most of you know, I'm all about awards, certificates, and plaques. And, I have won again, along with several dozen random bloggers, THIS LADY gave me an award. And as a winner, I have to answer some questions. Normally I would tell her to process her request through the fan-club, but as they seem to be very busy at the moment, I will indulge. Also...I don't feel like blogging that much, sometimes it just feels like beating a dead horse. Now, I know, beating a dead horse can be very entertaining, after all, they can't fight back. For example:
...but I digress.
Here are the questions I won:
1. What's the last great book you read
I have read some non-great books lately. I can't think of the last GREAT book I read. I think John Adams was a great book. But I read that a while ago. I am currently reading Alas, Babylon, again. Its a post-apocalyptic written in the late 1950's. I don't know if its "great," but I recommend it, and like I said, I'm re-reading it.
2. Who would you most love to meet from blogland?
I would have to say LL. Mostly because he has the coolest toys.
3. What's your favorite go-to recipe for company?
Squirrel cookies made by Mrs. Bannon - they're to die for. Especially for the squirrels.
4. What's your favorite blog post that you've written?
I deleted it. It had personal information in it. While some people try to 'out' me, and its not that hard, I try to keep my blogging life separate from my super-hero duties. I'm pretty much a show off, and I was showing off one of my accomplishments in that post.
5. How many blogs do you read a week? Name a few..
Non-professional blogs, probably a dozen. But I like to see who reads those blogs, and a couple times a week I go to the blogs of the commenters or followers of those blogs. I usually start off with LL's blogs, American Perspective, and Woodsterman (rated PG-13)), and then spin off into their readership. I read another dozen professional blogs.
6. What do you hope people take away from your blog?
I started the blog to get out my simple thoughts on complex issues. I hope people (all 4 of them) get out of it that the 'big thinkers' that run our country (and our states, and our cities) are not that smart. I don't hold that against them, I hold it against them that they NEVER seem to leave. Take Newark Mayor Corey Booker. Not the worst Democrat around - but he has done nothing to improve Newark, and now he is running for US Senate. Chris Christie too, New Jersey isn't fixed - please don't apply for President when New Jersey is your last job. I guess that makes it sound like I think I am smarter, but I hope it sounds more like, "we all can be."
7. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Coffee. I love coffee ice cream with coffee. I like to throw peanut butter in there somewhere too.
8. If today was your last day alive, what five things would you make sure you do?
1. First is easy - clear out the local Cinnabon.
2. Get a clean body shave and put on nice clothes - I've worked my share of dead bodies - there is hair everywhere!
3. Tell somebody where all the money is buried.
4. I would spend every minute with Mrs. Bannon, and all the little Bannons. I've worked alot of hours in my medium-length life, away from family, and I have a thankless job - except they always thank me, they know.
5. Probably go to the next Cinnabon down the road, I mean, I might have a stomach ache, but it will all be over soon, right? Those things are yummy!
9. What bugs you about other people's blogs?
That's hard. I guess I don't go back to Blogs that bug me? I rarely return to a blog that seems childish. For example, if I read a post with ad hominem comments like, "Obama is an idiot, and a Muslim." I don't need a blog to tell me that.
10. Do you actually read my blog, or just skim it for the pictures?
I read alot of it. Most of it. But I'm a VERY fast reader - especially when there are ALOT of words. I don't need to read every single...okay I mostly look at the pictures. Just kidding, of course I read it.