Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Militarization of the Police...

A while ago I had a response post I was working on to all the complaints about the "militarization" of the police from my co-members of the vast Right Wing conspiracy.  It included pictures of police uniforms throughout the years (go take a look - they have always been similar to military uniforms).

But then I saw this, and thought it would be more entertaining…



It does have a little little race-based bias to it that detracts from the point, and ignores the fact that the uniforms in Adam 12 reflected military uniforms as well.  But I thought it was funny.

1 comment:

LL said...

I don't have problems with the "militarization of the police" because my perspective is different. I've always felt that police officers need parity with the people they regulate. The concept of a Mini-14 or M-4 in a police car shouldn't bother anyone more than a shotgun does.

Additionally the wool uniforms are uncomfortable in almost any weather (hot and humid is much worse) and it's about time that the bus driver hats and traditional uniforms be replace by something functional (BDU) and less expensive.

An active police officer will tear the knees out of those $175.00 wool trousers at least once a month if not more often. There was a time when I went through one a week. If you want them to look sharp, the mending won't work. It stitches up the tear but looks like hell.

I'm not saying that you won't tear up BDU's in a fight but at wholesale, even the good Crye Precision BDU's (reinforced knees with knee pads) can be replaced much more cost-effectively.