Saturday, October 6, 2012

Good TV...




Rated R....Rated X for some of you...


If you never saw it, HBO's The Wire was a great show.  As usual, I would have made some changes, but that's just me.  When I watched Season 1, I thought there was too much police brutality - but the longer I have been on the east coast, the more I see that it did, in fact, represent reality.  I actually worked with an old Baltimore cop, and he assured me, the heavy drinking, and drinking by the cops was true too.  

Briefly, the show explains a little about life in the inner city.   The drug gangs, and the cops who try to contain them.  Again, if you are not living there, or working there, it seems like Hollywood - but its real.  And its real sad. Why would a kid got get a job, when he can stand on the corner, and make $5, $10, $20, $100 an hour selling something that makes people forget their problems. 

It seems like entire generations, thousands of lives, have no hope of knowing how a life can be lived.  "Stay in school" means nothing, when you come home to...no home.  A building provided by the government to live in - is not a home.  You don't have to have a mother and father to make a family, but  , and I'm estimating here, 100% of the people in these neighborhoods and cities, do not know the comfort, security and safety that a family can bring.


2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

100% of the people in these neighborhoods and cities, do not know the comfort, security and safety that a family can bring.


I am willing to put a wager on that as well. It is oh so sad. Just like having BO for president...oh so sad.

LL said...

The Projects are a Democratic Party Legacy.