Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Director...

The FBI has a new Director.  My thoughts...it is what it is.  Only time will tell.  I can say this with a healthy dose of "Whew!" - it could have been much worse.  In lieu of what I thought was going to happen, Comey is a home run.  It is as if somebody whispered in Obama's ear, "This isn't Homeland Security, or ATF, this one matters..."

It is good to have a Director who is quiet and behind the scenes, and Comey may fit that role.  However, so did Mueller.  I will share just one tidbit.  Due to budget cuts, the FBI is eliminating 1800 positions from FBIHQ in Washington DC.  1800 FBI jobs will be phased out over the next year and a half.  I know people at the FBI - and nobody thinks that will hurt too much.  Ouch.  That is what Mr. Mueller created.



...another thing.  Comey is like 6'8" tall.  While I like wookies in general, I just question the ability of really tall people.  I'm biased, what can I say...

2 comments:

LL said...

I was quietly floating the names of Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) or Rep. Charlie Rengle (D-NY) to replace Director Muller. Apparently nobody was listening...

Of the 1800 FBI people to lose their jobs, how many will be headquarters hobbits (by percentage)?

All that I can really say is that at least the nation is keeping up its funding of "green jobs", its subsidy of people in hostile Islamic states who hate us in and arms sales to nations who are likely to use those arms against us (job security for uniformed military services).

The only remaining question that I have is whether or not the savings that eliminating this position brings will build more inner city projects? These are important to concentrate criminal elements to make them easier to target by the few remaining FBI people.

LL said...

Carlos Danger is looking for a government job. It's too bad that Comey beat him to it. Carlos Danger/Anthony Weiner would seem to have been a more politically correct Democratic Party appointment. Carlos is a hispanic name, after all, and the FBI has never had a simulated hispanic director before (in the spirit of inclusion).