...but...while reading the article I, myself, did the following:
- emailed myself three ideas for blog posts (including this one)
- Googled (using Bing) the word Luddite and read two articles about them, I like them
- Tried to summarize the American Revolution in 140 characters (again, future blog post idea)
- Sent email to Mrs Bannon with link to article so she could enjoy what I was enoying (before I was done enjoying it)
- Checked my phone twice (it doesn't make a sound when I recieve emails, and I'm too lazy to figure out why, but apparently I thought I might receive an important email while reading this interesting article. Further, I was reading the article on the computer which my email also comes to. ?)
I don't have a smartphone, and I have fought my immediate family getting one. I have an iPad, and I think it is great, but it is also very dangerous. I have thought about doing the "electronic-free day" or weekend, but I just don't think it would be that hard. I have been without electronics out in the forest - but that is easy. Its being in town and around them that makes it hard.