Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad...

...World:

1) Last Friday, in the middle of the season, the defending World Series Champions, who are in first place, almost traded for one of MLB's best pitchers. Its like the Harlem Globetrotters taking the best player from the Washington Generals. At halftime. When the Globetrotters are winning.

2) Yesterday, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People - voted to condemn the Tea Party movement for racism. That's right, an organization of almost unanimously one race, with the words "colored people" in their title - 'condemned' a MOVEMENT of people of all races, which is based on lowering taxes and limiting government - of racism. It gives me an idea though, I could sue Chrysler for not making breakfast cereal.

3) A hearing was held in New York City in reference to Muslims trying to build a multi-million dollar mosque at Ground Zero. Ground Zero, a term now recognized as meaning the center of the attack on America by Muslims. A Muslim at the hearing was quoted as saying, "...the landmark discussion had been hijacked. This has been made by a very vocal minority into an issue of bigotry...I'm standing in a hall in which I feel ashamed to be an American." I believe if the article were written in the middle east, it would go something like this: 'A hearing was held in Istanbul yesterday, a Christian stood up to discuss something. The crowd removed his head, and the meeting continued.'

4) "The Helena Public Schools Board of trustees faced a large and emotionally charged crowd at its meeting Tuesday night as it considers whether to begin its sexual education curriculum in kindergarten." There's more to it, but my blood is boiling and I can't type it.

5) In conjunction with the revelation that Obama ordered NASA to focus on efforts to reach out to predominantly Muslim countries and make them feel good about scientific contributions of Muslims from a time before those countries were countries...it was revealed that Club GITMO is actually, Club GITMO.

3 comments:

Patti said...

This makes me mad.

Is your blog open to the public, or invite? I want to link it on my blog.

Race Bannon said...

Its open.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am a follower of Patti Rice's fabulous blogs. Because of her superior wit, incredible insights and awesome use of words- arranging them into sentences and stuff- I decided to come see your blog. I have to say, that although your blog is indeed cool- hers is cooler. But keep trying.

Toodles,

George W. Bush