Monday, December 26, 2011

The Best Christmas Ever...

I pretty much spend 364 days of the year waiting for this one day.  And this year was the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

I was spoiled again by my family with gifts of all kinds.  Great books, homemade gifts, gifts from my childhood, and more.  One of my favorite gifts was one I had asked for, but never thought I would receive.  I had been shopping around for a new axe for several months.  I had read dozens of reviews, probably close to fifty, and all the accompanying comments found on blogs and articles.

Nothing says "I love you" like a good axe.  So Mrs Bannon and her mother worked together to put this under my tree this year:

 2# Hudson Bay Premium Velvicut®

Council Tool has been making axes in America since the 1880s.  They recently introduced the Velvicut line of "Premium" axes to compete with high-quality northern European axes.  "These top-of-the-line, world class axes are made for the serious user, collector, outdoorsman, or tool aficionado. They are not for everyone but rather for those who seek the very best."

Yes, I seek the very best...

6 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Happy Chopping Race!

Mrs. K said...

A Paul Bunion wannabe!!! Is this for practicing for when you get your farm?

Mrs. Bannon said...

Only the best for you babe!!!

LL said...

I am an 'axe snob' too. This looks like a very good tool. There is nothing quite like a good axe or tomahawk.

Race Bannon said...

And...its great for Zombies!

LL said...

http://www.rmjtactical.com/

I still have one of their originals from my old days with the Teams. Quite a work tool...