I got this in an email that is going around the internet...but I liked it anyway:
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $19,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
This is where most people tune out. Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $192,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $385
Got it now?
It is simple. We need a robust economy, and we need to cut spending. Focusing on taxing the rich only gets people elected, it does not solve problems.
The tepid 1% per year growth during the Obama years will not allow us to grow our way out of the spending problem that we have. However, to get out of it, the nation must face some unpleasant financial realities that don't square with constant 'bread and circus'. The "rich" in America, if looted completely, don't have the capacity to come close to fixing the problem. So in short, I agree with you completely.
Here, here! Would you mind if I borrowed your example?
Its already stolen property!
Post a Comment