Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mindset...

Yesterday I took a ride with a local Sheriff's Deputy through a certain part of a certain town.  We were in a minivan, unmarked, no radio.  He remarked, "This is dangerous." 

"What?," I replied.

"Us...in this part of town," he answered.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt anybody..."

He laughed. 

I meant it as humor, but I did not return the laugh.

I contemplated keeping the moment going, and what came to my mind was a quip that was used on me years ago...I would shoot him a disgusted look and order, "Just give me your spare mags." 

But we were several calibers different, and I don't think he had a spare....

Mindset.

1 comment:

LL said...

It's still harder to work the same type of neighborhood(s) or worse, unarmed to maintain cover.

But I do take your point.