Friday, April 1, 2011

Thanks...



I often hear stories about somebody dealing with a police officer who they said was rude, or treated them like a criminal when they weren't.  The answer - maybe something was on his/her mind...

I have nightmares about making traffic stops. Maybe its because I haven't made a 'routine' traffic stop in years, and while my brain stores the memory of every traffic stop, it only shows me parts of some, merged with parts of others.  Police officers don't practice 'routine' traffic stops, they don't practice giving a smile and warning, they don't even practice writing tickets (even though they seem very good at it), the only traffic stop police officers practice for are the bad ones. Only, for the cop on the street, they don't always get a warning as to what kind they are making.




I do Crossfit, I train very hard.  I often get asked why?  The answer: There is always somebody out there training harder...

4 comments:

Mrs. K said...

The good police far out number the bad....too bad people remember more clearly the bad cop. We are proud of you son. Stay away from the Krispy Kreme's.

LL said...

I know that you can't clean up your small corner of the planet - - but stay safe as you take on the entire world.

innominatus said...

Police are like the referees at a football game: extremely important but mostly unnoticed except for when they screw up. Sad but true.

Josiah said...

It may be worth nothing, but for what it may be worth... Thinking back on those acquaintances of mine who disrespected, despised, or just didn't appreciate cops... They all turned out to be losers.