"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greater dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." - Louis Brandeis
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
...and as most of you know, I'm all about awards, certificates, and plaques. And, I have won again, along with several dozen random bloggers, THIS LADY gave me an award. And as a winner, I have to answer some questions. Normally I would tell her to process her request through the fan-club, but as they seem to be very busy at the moment, I will indulge. Also...I don't feel like blogging that much, sometimes it just feels like beating a dead horse. Now, I know, beating a dead horse can be very entertaining, after all, they can't fight back. For example:
...but I digress.
Here are the questions I won:
1. What's the last great book you read
I have read some non-great books lately. I can't think of the last GREAT book I read. I think John Adams was a great book. But I read that a while ago. I am currently reading Alas, Babylon, again. Its a post-apocalyptic written in the late 1950's. I don't know if its "great," but I recommend it, and like I said, I'm re-reading it.
2. Who would you most love to meet from blogland?
I would have to say LL. Mostly because he has the coolest toys.
3. What's your favorite go-to recipe for company?
Squirrel cookies made by Mrs. Bannon - they're to die for. Especially for the squirrels.
4. What's your favorite blog post that you've written?
I deleted it. It had personal information in it. While some people try to 'out' me, and its not that hard, I try to keep my blogging life separate from my super-hero duties. I'm pretty much a show off, and I was showing off one of my accomplishments in that post.
5. How many blogs do you read a week? Name a few..
Non-professional blogs, probably a dozen. But I like to see who reads those blogs, and a couple times a week I go to the blogs of the commenters or followers of those blogs. I usually start off with LL's blogs, American Perspective, and Woodsterman (rated PG-13)), and then spin off into their readership. I read another dozen professional blogs.
6. What do you hope people take away from your blog?
I started the blog to get out my simple thoughts on complex issues. I hope people (all 4 of them) get out of it that the 'big thinkers' that run our country (and our states, and our cities) are not that smart. I don't hold that against them, I hold it against them that they NEVER seem to leave. Take Newark Mayor Corey Booker. Not the worst Democrat around - but he has done nothing to improve Newark, and now he is running for US Senate. Chris Christie too, New Jersey isn't fixed - please don't apply for President when New Jersey is your last job. I guess that makes it sound like I think I am smarter, but I hope it sounds more like, "we all can be."
7. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Coffee. I love coffee ice cream with coffee. I like to throw peanut butter in there somewhere too.
8. If today was your last day alive, what five things would you make sure you do?
1. First is easy - clear out the local Cinnabon.
2. Get a clean body shave and put on nice clothes - I've worked my share of dead bodies - there is hair everywhere!
3. Tell somebody where all the money is buried.
4. I would spend every minute with Mrs. Bannon, and all the little Bannons. I've worked alot of hours in my medium-length life, away from family, and I have a thankless job - except they always thank me, they know.
5. Probably go to the next Cinnabon down the road, I mean, I might have a stomach ache, but it will all be over soon, right? Those things are yummy!
9. What bugs you about other people's blogs?
That's hard. I guess I don't go back to Blogs that bug me? I rarely return to a blog that seems childish. For example, if I read a post with ad hominem comments like, "Obama is an idiot, and a Muslim." I don't need a blog to tell me that.
10. Do you actually read my blog, or just skim it for the pictures?
I read alot of it. Most of it. But I'm a VERY fast reader - especially when there are ALOT of words. I don't need to read every single...okay I mostly look at the pictures. Just kidding, of course I read it.
Posted by Race Bannon at 7:39 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
wow glad I stumbled across your site..u are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy entertaining dude..Keep up the good fight:) and pass the cinnabonns..:-)
Me, Myself and Irene was a great recruiting film for the Rhode Island Highway Patrol. More of a documentary than anything else.
New Jersey can be easily fixed by a neutron warhead. But that's about it. Sort of like Syria-Lite. Hit it in the summer when the "other" people are in the Hamptons.
Race, I know all about keeping personal and blogging life separate except I used my real name.
I know LL, and trust me, you really don't want to meet him. Opie is the one you want to meet ... what a babe.
Wow, Odie - I know that I'm ugly but I'm not "First Lady Hideous". Yes, Opus #6, who Odie calls "the Starfish", is very pretty, smart, talented, etc.
Race is correct. LL is the lynchpin. I am a hanger-on.
Post a Comment